What Are The Main Methods of Marketing?
Now we will discuss the various methods of marketing that are available to you online. There are upwards of 30 different methods of marketing. We won’t discuss them all in this post. I will go over the the ones that are easiest to use and most effective. I will delve into each in future posts. This will just be an overview of your options for now.
1. Personal Marketing – This is usually thought of as off line marketing but it can be used online as well. Mediums such as Skype and the other messenger services can be used to personally contact people.
2. Article marketing – This has been very popular over the years and still works today. Write a 300-500 word article and submit it to article directories and e-zines and you have little “prospect fishing hooks” working for you 24/7.
3. Forum marketing – Visiting and participating in forum threads can get the word out that you are in business. Don’t forget to use a link to your blog in the signature line. Again, these are 24/7 “prospect fishing hooks.”
4. Search engine marketing – Driving your site or your posts to the top of the major search engines will drive organic traffic to your site.
5. Viral marketing – Write an ebook with your links in it and allow people to give it away to others will promote you, your site and any affiliate offers that you might have in there.
6. Blog marketing – Similar to forum marketing. Just find blogs in your niche to post comments on and again signature link will continue to work for you.
7. Social media marketing – Using Twitter, Facebook and other social gathering sites to find others who are interested in your niche. Look for the top names in your field and try to “friend” or “follow” people there.
8. Joint ventures – You can contact others working in your niche and swap emails to each others lists.
9. Video marketing – This may be one of the best ways to market your self and your site. People will be able to see you and hear you. People seem to feel more comfortable being able to put face to a name.
10. Pay per click – This is a great way to get targeted traffic to your site. It can be expensive if you don’t know how to do keyword research. All search engines allow you to bid on clicks for your ads. you pay for each time someone clicks on your ad and visits your site.
11. Pay per view – This is cheaper than pay per click but not as targeted. It can be a great way to send visitors to your site if you use it correctly.
As you look through the various methods of marketing you and your blog, decide if you have more time than money or more money than time. If you have more time then start with the low cost or free methods of marketing. If you have more money to invest then add in the ones that you have to pay for.
My suggestion is start with one or two of the methods of marketing and add in others as you get used to each.
If you liked this article, please +1 it for Google and be part of the conversation by leaving a comment below. If you know someone who could benefit from this please share it with your friends and followers. Thank you!
Link to this post using the following HTML: